[Beowulf] Cluster Architecture

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Thu Oct 23 16:31:56 PDT 2008

----- "Robert G. Brown" <rgb at phy.duke.edu> wrote:

> Everywhere BUT the US, that seems to be very much
> the case.  Here desktop Linux it spreading, but
> more like mold.

I think here in Australia we're probably even more
reticent than the US, at least Dell US sell systems
with Ubuntu pre-installed!

Down here we consider ourselves lucky if we can get
FreeDOS instead of Windoze and their Inspiron Mini 9
only ships with Windows XP.  Our Dell rep is well
aware of our feelings on this.. ;-)

Even the Linux based Eeepc's are like hens teeth.

cheers,
Chris