[Beowulf] Re: PowerEdge SC 1435: Unexplained Crashes.

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 10 08:29:00 PDT 2008

2008/10/10 Rahul Nabar <rpnabar at gmail.com>

> Yes. The crashes seem to be very clustered. We have had 5 specific
> machines out of 23 crash repeatedly. We swapped the motherboard+cpus
> on those and they do not seem to have crashed again as yet. But the
> time scale is only about 2 weeks. So I am not very confident of the
> statistical significance of my conclusions.

Rahul, run that past us once more please.
You have bought 23 machines and FIVE of them have had CPUs and motherboards
replaced?
Errrrr...

By the way, I live in London, UK. The news is our local government had lots
of money in an Icelandic bank, which they've now lost. As a consequence,
they are looking to sell off objects of historic significance which they
own. I can put you in touch if you are looking for a Victorian-era lifting
bridge.