[Beowulf] Re: MOSIX2

Tony Travis ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Wed Oct 1 04:13:00 PDT 2008

Marian Marinov wrote:
> There are a few developers that continue to work on openMosix and to port it
> to 2.6 kernels.
>
> They forked a project called LinuxPMI - Linux Process Migration Infrastructure
>
>   http://linuxpmi.org
>
> Currently the site is unavailable but there was one Russion guy who commented
> big parts of the openMosix code he started workin on that in the begining of
> February this year and in May he and a few other developers forked LinuxPMI
> from openMosix.
>
> I had a working 2.6 kernel with openMosix functionality in Jul but I never had
> the chance to test its process migration capabilities as the nodes from my
> home cluster died :(

Hello, Marian.

Great! I didn't know about LinuxMPI: I've not been following openMosix
developments recently. I can't access their web site - Is it mirrored
anywhere?

Thanks,

	Tony.
--
Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Rowett Institute of Nutrition
and Health, Greenburn Road, Bucksburn, Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK