[Beowulf] Windows in top 10

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Thu Nov 20 22:06:23 PST 2008

A while back a customer of PathScale issued a press release about how
they were running Windows on their supercomputer, with InfiniPath
interconnect. We were kinda surprised, since we didn't have Windows
drivers.

So I was curious about the Dawning 5000A... the previous supercomputers
in this series ran Linux. But the top500 entry trumpets Windows. Well...

http://tyan.com/newsroom_pressroom_detail.aspx?id=1289

This press release says it runs Linux and Windows. That's a bit more
credible; I wonder if they actually had to buy the Windows software?

-- greg