[Beowulf] Re: TOE on Linux? (Prentice Bisbal)

Maurice Hilarius maurice at harddata.com
Wed May 14 13:38:22 PDT 2008

> Prentice Bisbal <prentice at ias.edu> wrote:
>
> Does anyone know of any network cards/drivers that support TOE (TCP
> Offload Engine) for Linux? A hardware vendor just told me that Linux
> does not support the TOE features of *any* network card.
>
> Given Linux's strong presence in HPC and the value of having TOE in a
> cluster, I find that hard to believe.

Maybe there are some good reasons?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCP_Offload_Engine

http://lwn.net/Articles/148697/

I did hear of Chelsio doing it, but nothing certain either.

--
With our best regards,

//Maurice W. Hilarius         Telephone: 01-780-456-9771/
/Hard Data Ltd.                FAX:          01-780-456-9772/
/11060 - 166 Avenue         email:maurice at harddata.com/
/Edmonton, AB, Canada         http://www.harddata.com//
/     T5X 1Y3/
/