[Beowulf] ECC support on motherboards?

Håkon Bugge Hakon.Bugge at scali.com
Tue May 13 09:55:17 PDT 2008

Perry,

Its even worse. On one mtbd; the BIOS had a menu
for enabling ECC; I did. But reading the register
from the chipset revealed nothing was actually
enabled in the hardware. You have to be paranoid
in this business. This was a "bleeding edge"
mtbd, with a low revision BIOS of course. The fu
being that a car manufacturer ran a cluster of
these for several months doing crash worthiness simulations ...

Hakon

At 02:15 13.05.2008, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

>Joe Landman <landman at scalableinformatics.com> writes:
> > Server class boards generally do ECC.  Desktop class generally do not.
> >
> > Spec sheets are your friends.
>
>I've been reading spec sheets, and they often don't tell you, which is
>rather annoying. Thus my question.
>
>Perry

Håkon Bugge
CTO