[Beowulf] Recent comparisons of 1600 MHz external Harpertown vs. 235x AMD processors?

Joshua mora acosta joshua_mora at usa.net
Wed May 7 21:12:59 PDT 2008

Go to
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_8796_8800,00.html
The comparison is against Harpertown 2.8 at 1.3GHz FSB since they have
equivalent power consumption. Look for instance at compute intensive
applications.
Comparison against Harpertown 3.0 at 1.6GHz FSB with 800MHz isn't there but I
can say despite its improvement on multiple directions it does not close the
huge gap on those memory intensive applications.

Joshua Mora.