[Beowulf] Which Xeon supports NUMA?

Carsten Aulbert carsten.aulbert at aei.mpg.de
Tue Mar 18 12:54:37 PDT 2008

Hi John,

John Leidel wrote:
> This should be an option in your kernel.  Check to see if you have this
> enabled [assuming you are running some sort of Linux varient]

Sorry, I came up with this question because when compiling 2.6.24.3
(linux kernel) I came across these lines:

For x86_64 this is recommended on all multiprocessor Opteron systems.

If the system is EM64T, you should say N unless your system is

                                                    EM64T NUMA.

Therefore the question if our Xeon E5345 or Xeon X3220 are EM64T NUMA or
just EM64T.

Sorry for not being more clear initially.

Cheers

Carsten