[Beowulf] mysterious slow disk

csamuel at vpac.org csamuel at vpac.org
Wed Mar 5 05:55:59 PST 2008

----- "David Mathog" <mathog at caltech.edu> wrote:

> One node has developed a "slow disk", although at this point I'm not
> at all sure that the disk is actually at fault.

As an extreme suggestion - how about swapping the
drive with a known good node and rebuilding both ?

If the problem moves with the drive then you'll
know it's that, and if it stays then it's likely
to be the MB or the cabling.

Of course there's always the chance that the problem
will disappear completely or you'll have two slow
drives instead of one.. :-)

cheers!
Chris