[Beowulf] security for small, personal clusters

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Fri Jun 20 10:09:27 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 12:30 -0400, Mark Kosmowski wrote:
> What kind of security is recommended for the owner of a small personal
> cluster?  Where should the owner of a small, personal cluster go to
> learn about security?  Doing searches tends to give a few "head in the
> sand" sites but predominantly seem to be oriented for the security
> professional.

The best book I have on this subject is "Hacking  Exposed"
http://books.google.co.uk/books?hl=en&id=J5CDISzdA1EC&dq=hackingexposed&printsec=frontcover&source=web&ots=P_IReeKpK6&sig=96wpzidcNtiY1mvQqHBSeVTNLsA&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result
http://www.amazon.com/Hacking-Exposed-5th/dp/0072260815/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1213981724&sr=1-1

Run, do not walk, to your nearest bookstore and purchase this.