[Beowulf] Re: "hobbyists"

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Thu Jun 19 14:38:59 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-19 at 13:51 -0400, Robert G. Brown wrote:

> > why worry about ICBMs when DHL/FedEx will deliver it to your selected
> > doorstep?
>
> Well, even a small bomb would be pretty heavy.  Kind of at the boundary
> of what FedEx will delivery;-)

Recall that the first British nuclear test was a device on board a ship,
the frigate HMS Plym. This reflected fears that the British had of a
nuclear weapon being smuggled into a harbour aboard a ship. The British,
being a strong naval power at the time, were also of course interested
in the effects of nuclear weapons on ships.

ps. any chance of hauling this discussion back on track by mentioning
Roadrunner? Does anyone know if there are projected ASCI type machines
using Nvidia cards? I'd very much suppose that if anyone DOES have an
answer to that one then a cell is waiting in Leavenworth, or the Tower.