[Beowulf] found this amusing

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Thu Jun 19 12:39:43 PDT 2008

Not wholly OT ...

Running some benchmarks for a customer, and doing a little baseline
performance gathering.  This is Windows 2008 RC2 32 bit on one of our
JackRabbit units.

Well, it appears that there is either a bug in the performance counter,
or the JackRabbit is simply too fast ...

Have a look at http://scalability.org/images/Screenshot-small-1.png .
The other measures seem to be working properly.  Average is ~1.35 GB
(writes) but it bounces around a bit.  Looks like it overflows at 2^31-1
or so ...  So we hit these bursty regions we get into that ... negative
... performance :)

Either that or we are doing something horribly wrong (won't discount
that either).  At least it is amusing.

Back to your regularly scheduled cluster.

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO
email: landman at scalableinformatics.com