[Beowulf] Re: "hobbyists"

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 10:22:50 PDT 2008

Actually, nuclear weapons have indeed been considered for killing troops on
the battlefield. At one time, the possibility of the Soviet Union invading
western Europe seemed not so remote. Here is a link (wiki) to basically a
bazooka launched fission bomb:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Crockett_%28nuclear_device%29
with pictures.
("recoiless gun" means a rocket fired from a tube). The idea would be to for
a relatively small force to cope with a relatively large number of tanks.
Peter