[Beowulf] Re: "hobbyists"

Kilian CAVALOTTI kilian at stanford.edu
Thu Jun 19 09:45:21 PDT 2008

On Thursday 19 June 2008 06:58:44 am Robert G. Brown wrote:
> Getting too big
> or two small an explosion can either kill your own troops or not kill
> all of the enemy on an actual battlefield.

To add some more OT stuff to this thread, I don't think a nuclear weapon
has ever been used (or even considered being used) to kill troops on a
battlefield. Some cluster bombs (hey, back on topic! :)) are probably
enough for this purpose.

IMHO, a nuclear weapon is mainly a dissuasion weapon, ie, one you claim
you own to make your ennemies think twice before they strike you. Or
that you use against civilians to make your point louder, and let your
ennemies understand they'd better surrender.

That's why I find the association between "nuclear weapon"
and "battlefield" a bit irrelevant.

Other than that, pretty interesting stuff. I'm unfortunately supporting
your conclusions.

Cheers,
--
Kilian