[Beowulf] Roadrunner picture

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 13:09:43 PDT 2008

Bernard,

I'm  looking  forward to hearing from our  resident  experts, but
meanwhile:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_Roadrunner exlains the
architecture some. The buzzword is "triblade",  which is 3 blades  (with an
extension)  employing two types of processors (AMD Opteron and  IBM Cell) in
a hybrid subsystem.  I have  no idea what a single Triblade looks like. The
overallmachine is  then composed of zillions of triblades.
Wow,imagine a Beowulf of those  (jk :-)

Peter (designing a Beowulf of abaci to fit his current budget)