[Beowulf] Linux cluster authenticating against multiple Active Directory domains

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Thu Jul 31 22:28:44 PDT 2008

----- "Huw Lynes" <lynesh at cardiff.ac.uk> wrote:

Bore da Huw,

> Funnily enough we used to do something similar here. Falling through
> from the main campus LDAP (on an e-directory cluster) to the LDAP in
> Computer Science.

Do you have clashes in user names between the two LDAPs ?  If
so, how do you deal with that ?

> It required some patches to nss_ldap to make it work properly and the
> pam config was a little bit tricky, but it did work.

Yeah, we'd looked at some of the NSS stuff and realised it
would need patching.. :-(

> I still have that config up and running on some of my older
> machines so I can hunt down the config and patches if it
> would be useful.

That would be awesome, if nothing else it would tell
us how feasible it's going to be for this system!

Diolch yn fawr,
Chris