[Beowulf]Infrastruture planning for small HPC 40/100 gigabyet eyhernet or Infiniband?

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Mon Jul 28 13:17:19 PDT 2008

Back when the Earth was young, and the crust was still cooling, we ran
serial connections between computers, over long distances and sometimes
between power distributions.  It wasn't uncommon to see ground loops
lead to arcing.  I don't see it as much now because I'm a little more
careful about my grounds, and I bridge such problems with glass rather
than copper.

The potential is still very real.

gerry