[Beowulf]Infrastruture planning for small HPC 40/100 gigabyet eyhernet or Infiniband?

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Thu Jul 24 06:21:31 PDT 2008

I'll put it in conduit but I've been doing that in my office/shop (as
well as electrical cabling, antenna feedlines, etc, not in the SAME
conduit) for years.  Among other things, with good conduit practice, it
makes replacement easier.  It does drive residential builders nuts,
though.  Allows me to have a real, reliable single-point house-wide
grounding system, too.

The price of multimode fiber has dropped off nicely, but single-mode's
still a little pricier.  Still, for the utility and potential benefits,
it's the way I'm planning on and budgeting for.