[Beowulf] How much RAM per core is right?

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Fri Jul 18 12:07:16 PDT 2008

Hmmm.  Same for us.  And same timeframe.  I've found with the weather
codes I use, regardless of how they profile, they want significantly
more RAM than they claim to.  We've found them very comfortable in
2GB/core.

*I* am still learning about other apps with some of our new users on a
cluster we're still getting into production.  We've bought some nodes w/
4GB/core for specific apps for one of our stakeholders, but we don't
know if others' problems will need or benefit from that.