[Beowulf] Re: weather modeling cluster

Particle Boy steve_heaton at exemail.com.au
Fri Feb 1 13:56:48 PST 2008

I'll also recommend the WRF. The WRF EMS kit from STRC at UCAR is a Good
Thing:
http://strc.comet.ucar.edu/wrf/index.htm

I got it going quickly and relatively easily without any prior
experience of large models. Bob R has an entertaining  sense of humour
(you'll see from the scripts) and was also kind enough to quickly send
me a starter kit all the way down here to Oz. Great service :)

If your students are looking to tinker with code, I had a lot of fun
with PUMA:
http://puma.dkrz.de/puma

Cheers
Stevo