[Beowulf] Hadoop

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Sat Dec 27 07:39:44 PST 2008

Karen,

Thanks for the clarifications.

I'm concerned about the software, but it looks like we'll install Hadoop
On Demand, as someone has already promised a user we'd do it...  If
there were serious pitfalls, I might be able to slow it down some, but
simply inefficient isn't sufficient... we have users writing MPI code
who daily redefine "inefficient"!

Again, thanks!
gerry

Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.862.3983