[Beowulf] For grins...India

stephen mulcahy smulcahy at aplpi.com
Wed Dec 10 00:21:13 PST 2008

Vincent Diepeveen wrote:
> Maybe some decades from now all power per flop wasting supercomputers
> will be located in India.
>
> In the long run, they're the only ones on the planet who can afford the
> energy real cheap,
> and supercomputers usually burn a lot more power per gflop than they
> should, power6 up to factor 10.

Iceland have energy literally pumping out of the ground - if they can
sort out their connectivity to the US and Europe I think they'll quickly
become the data centre to the world. Okay, they have some minor issues
with seismic activity to deal with but you can't win em all.

-stephen

--
Stephen Mulcahy       Applepie Solutions Ltd.      http://www.aplpi.com
Registered in Ireland, no. 289353 (5 Woodlands Avenue, Renmore, Galway)