[Beowulf] Configuring Infiniband on Linux

Prentice Bisbal prentice at ias.edu
Thu Aug 28 05:31:28 PDT 2008

Anand Vaidya wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 12:56 AM, Nifty niftyompi Mitch
> <niftyompi at niftyegg.com <mailto:niftyompi at niftyegg.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 10:42:23AM -0400, Prentice Bisbal wrote:
>     >
>     > I will soon be setting up my first cluster that uses Infiniband. I've
>     > searched the net, but I haven't found any good tutorials or
>     articles on
>     > configuring Infiniband networking on Linux and/or how the Infiniband
>     > networking protocol (if that is the correct term) works.
>     >
>     > Can someone point me to a good guide/tutorial?
>     >

> For a good theoritical grounding, you can read :
>
> InfiniBand Network Architecture
>   by MindShare, Inc.; Tom Shanley
>   Publisher: Addison Wesley Professional
>   Pub Date: October 31, 2002
>   Print ISBN-10: 0-321-11765-4
>   Print ISBN-13: 978-0-321-11765-6
>   Pages: 1280
>
> It is available on Oreilly's Safari Online Bookshelf.

I do subscribe to O'Reilly Safare through my employer, I did find that
book when I did a search for Infiniband there. At 1280 pages, it's a bit
bigger than what I'm looking for. From the table of contents it looks
like there's a lot more low-level detail than I need, too. I'll take a
closer look, though, based on your advice.

Prentice