[Beowulf] Can one Infiniband net support MPI and a parallel filesystem?

Paul Jackson pj at sgi.com
Thu Aug 14 00:00:45 PDT 2008

Chris wrote:
> creates a job cpuset which includes the specific cpus
> (vnodes) that have been allocated by the scheduler, and
> all the mems present (it currently makes no attempt to be
> clever about that).

I have recently open sourced a major user level C library, called
libcpusets, which includes routines to map cpus to their corresponding
memory nodes.  See further the "User library support for cpusets"
section, at the bottom of:

  http://oss.sgi.com/projects/cpusets/

Right now, just RPM forms of libcpuset (and the related libbitmask
on which it depends) are on the above website.  As soon as I can
poke my webmaster, there should also be tarballs, as well as the key
documents directly web accessible.

See the libcpuset routine cpuset_localmems().  It maps a set of CPUs
to the set of matching Memory Nodes.

--
                  I won't rest till it's the best ...
                  Programmer, Linux Scalability