[Beowulf] Re: Kerberos + HPC

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Tue Aug 12 09:06:09 PDT 2008

Prentice Bisbal <prentice at ias.edu> writes:

> John Hearns wrote:

>> Kerberos is heavily used at CERN.

[As far as I know, the main issue at HEP sites is acquiring tokens for
AFS.  Obviously Kerberos is used all over the place.]

>> They have a solution for that issue -
>> the job can ask for an extension to the tickets.
>> Sorry, I don't have a reference handy but its worth documenting this for
>> the list.
>>

> If ANYONE has more information on how this is done at CERN, I'd be very
> interested in hearing about it. I know, I know... GIYF...

The DESY solution with Grid Engine is discussed at
<URL:http://gridengine.sunsource.net/download/workshop10-12_09_07/SGE-WS2007-SecureSGEUsingKerberos5_DESY_WolfgangFriebel.pdf>