[Beowulf] 3C2000 NIC discontinued

Tony Travis ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Thu Apr 10 08:47:29 PDT 2008

Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> [...]
>> host CPU would otherwise have to deal with. At present, I use the
>> 3C2000 in all the servers and PXE-booted compute nodes in our Beowulf,
>> and I have a few spares, but I want to find an alternative NIC for two
>> new projects.
>
> Whenever discussions of server/cluster NICs come up, the Intel e1000
> boards tend to have the most positive comments.

Hello, Joshua.

I've been considering using this one:

http://www.intel.com/network/connectivity/products/pro1000mt_server_adapter.htm

Does the 'e1000' belong to this family of NIC's?

Thanks,

	Tony.
Dr. A.J.Travis,                     |  mailto:ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Rowett Research Institute,          |    http://www.rri.sari.ac.uk/~ajt
Greenburn Road, Bucksburn,          |   phone:+44 (0)1224 712751
Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK.    |     fax:+44 (0)1224 716687