[Beowulf] Performance metrics & reporting

Jesse Becker beckerjes at mail.nih.gov
Tue Apr 8 08:14:15 PDT 2008

Gerry Creager wrote:
> Yeah, we're using Ganglia.  It's a good start, but not complete...

The next version of Ganglia (3.1.x) is being written to be much more easy to
customize, both on the backend metric collection by allowing custom modules
for gmond, and on the frontend with some changes to make custom reports easier
to write.  I've written a small pair of routines to monitor SGE jobs, for
example, and it could easily be extended to watch multiple queues.

What specifically do you think that Ganglia needs to have, but lacks?

--
Jesse Becker
NHGRI Linux support (Digicon Contractor)