[Beowulf] How Can Microsoft's HPC Server Succeed?

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Wed Apr 2 17:22:27 PDT 2008

Gilad Shainer wrote:

> [...]

It is also worth noting that aside from HPC the server market was flat.
  HPC is a $15B USD market, which while the USD is dropping, I think the
market growth is driven in part by the fact that HPC is fundamentally an
enabling technology.

> helps with this % increase as it reduces the number of servers in the
> EDC segment. You can also check IDC report on InfiniBand - it is growing
> fast, and one of the reasons is the growth of the HPC market. The HPC
> market is not small at all, and it is growing very fast. This is the
> reason driving the big vendors.

I would expect storage and data center backbone to be driving IB and 10
GbE (in addition to clusters).

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO