[Beowulf] Multiuser version of ParallelKnoppix

Michael Creel michael.creel at uab.es
Mon Sep 17 08:00:34 PDT 2007

An alpha version of a multiuser-capable ParallelKnoppix is under
development. ParallelKnoppix is a live CD that allows rapid creation of HPC
clusters. I expect that this version might be useful for classroom
instruction or for small research groups. I'm interested in receiving
feedback about the security model. I _think_ it's pretty much OK, except
right at boot when a default password is left hanging out there, but I'm not
an expert. There is more information at the PK homepage,
http://pareto.uab.es/mcreel/ParallelKnoppix/
TIA, Michael