[Beowulf] Big storage

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Sat Sep 15 11:48:56 PDT 2007

On Sat, Sep 15, 2007 at 10:37:03AM +0200, Loic Tortay wrote:

> Therefore, we are not running fsprobe on our X4500s since it is
> actually less useful than "zpool scrub" for detecting corruptions or
> problems on data.

.. how does zpool scrub double-check that zpool scrub is working? The
point of extra user-run testing is often to make sure that your vendor
did not screw up. Of course, you are welcome to not follow advice,
good or bad.

Several people have commented that fsprobe doesn't check existing files.
For your system binaries, you can test them using rpm -V.

My new startup is planning on using md5 everywhere to provide an
end-to-end check.

-- greg