[Beowulf] PGI single node licenses, PGI CDK and Clusters

Tom Elken tom.elken at qlogic.com
Fri Sep 7 11:20:06 PDT 2007

Workstation version allowed 8 threads,
Server 16 threads.
I agree that both are enough for typical modern Beowulf clusters.

FWIW, any version of the PathScale Compiler has effectively no thread
limit
(I think it's 256 threads).

Tom Elken

P.S.  I work for QLogic, which recently spun off PathScale LLC, so we no
longer are associated with that compiler.