[Beowulf] PVM advice for Fedora Core 6

Lenzo, Antonino alenzo at UR.Rochester.edu
Tue Oct 23 11:17:55 PDT 2007

Hello all,

I am trying to install PVM on Fedora Core 6, but seem to be having
trouble.  I first would like to verify that I am installing the correct
file.

I am using this file:
Pvm3.4.5+6-WIN32.tar.gz

This seems to be the latest - but is it the correct version for a Linux
box?

I use the bash shell, so I also set the env variable as follows before
doing my make...

PVM_ROOT=/usr/share/pvm3/
export PVM_ROOT

===

Finally, the program spits up when I try to make it... In particular I
am getting errors like this:

pvmlog.o: In function 'vpvmlogprintf':
pvmlog.c:(.text+0x44): undefined reference to '_vsnprintf'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]:  *** [pvmd3] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/share/pvm3/src/LINUX'
make[2]:  *** [s] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/share/pvm3/'
make[1]:  *** [default] Error 2

===

Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding these issues?

Thanks everyone,
Tony Lenzo