[Beowulf] Teaching Scientific Computation (looking for the perfect text)

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Thu Nov 22 18:49:44 PST 2007

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007, Jim Lux wrote:

> And, an academic license for Matlab is only $100.

Our biggest problem with Matlab in the past is that you have not been
able to purchase a license for 3rd party use - so we spent 6 years
getting fielding the "why don't you support Matlab?" question and
telling each person "Because The Mathworks won't sell us a license
that you can use.".  :-(

At least now with DCT the compute engine part is OK for 3rd party
use..