[Beowulf] Harpertown Numbers

richard.walsh at comcast.net richard.walsh at comcast.net
Fri Nov 9 15:04:47 PST 2007

From: "Douglas Eadline" <deadline at eadline.org>

> As many of you know Intel is releasing the Harpertown
> next week at SC07. I will have a white paper with my
> requisite NAS parallel MPI results. Appro commission the
> paper so I will be hanging around their booth next week
> handing out the paper. (book geek that I am).
> I cannot mention any numbers until next week
> and the white paper will eventually show up on
> Appro's website, but I can say it worth taking a
> look at the numbers :)

Cool Doug!
So are your numbers consistent with:
A 2 socket, 8 core Linpack number of about ~77 GFLOPs
Stream Triad for the same 2 socket board of ~8.6 GBytes/sec.
Are the numbers you are reporting from Appro Dual Socket Blades?  I did not think they had announced Harpertown Blades yet.  As I recall the Tri-Labs win was for Dual Socket Barcelona's and there Intel blades solution was Clovertown.   Can you clarify without violating an embargo ... ;-) ...
Cheers,
rbw
--

"Making predictions is hard, especially about the future."

Niels Bohr

--

Richard Walsh
Thrashing River Consulting--