[Beowulf] The Walmart Compute Node?

Vincent Diepeveen diep at xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 8 16:22:28 PST 2007

Very good remark Jim,

Another complicating factor is that for intel and amd there is
definitely ready available libraries written in assembly that are
lightning fast,
whereas for C* type processors i can't remember there is much, as
your "more Ghz into battle is better rule" always means that the C*
chip is gonna be slower anyway,
also in future incarnations over intel&amd, so why bother writing
good libraries for that chip?

Vincent