[Beowulf] Need recommendation for a new 512 core Linux cluster

Jerker Nyberg jerker at Update.UU.SE
Wed Nov 7 23:01:12 PST 2007

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, Steven Truong wrote:

> We definitely need to put in place a parallel file system for this new
> cluster and I do not know which one I should go with?  Lustre, GFS,
> PVFS2 or what else?  Could you share your experiences regarding this
> aspect?

Also check out GlusterFS at http://www.gluster.org/glusterfs.php. It is
parallel and may stripe and replicate the files between volumes and
servers. GPLv3. (I run it for testing on two small old clusters, if you
have any questions let me know or ask at the gluster-mailinglist).

--Jerker Nyberg, Uppsala, Sweden