[Beowulf] Virtualisation and high performance interconnects.

Lombard, David N dnlombar at ichips.intel.com
Fri Nov 2 12:18:27 PDT 2007

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 01:00:00PM -0400, Robert G. Brown wrote:

> I don't know how many of these problems are really "fundamental" though.
> I wish I knew more about the hardware support for VMs.  All I know is
> that current chips have it, but I don't know what it consists of.  Does
> anybody?  Want to share?

I'm not quite sure you're looking for this level of detail, but the Intel
docs are here:
  <http://developer.intel.com/products/processor/manuals/index.htm>

Volume 3B: System Programming Guide specifcally deals with virtualization.

--
David N. Lombard, Intel, Irvine, CA
I do not speak for Intel Corporation; all comments are strictly my own.