[Beowulf] 2nd request for ssh connection problem!!

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Tue May 29 12:06:56 PDT 2007

Ruhollah,
I'm not an electronics guy either, but for starters (while you wait for a
better answer):

Two situations:
1. The user SSH comes into the Head through a single NIC which does little
else.
1.1 First, swap out that NIC.
1.2 Swap which slot the NIC is in
1.3 Swap the cable
1.4 Check the environment for recent changes that might affect temperature
or RF interference.

2. Not 1. above. I'd want more information about your layout, but an example
would be a recent change at the desktops that you didn't know about (such as
installation of a Service Pack); you might check with the desktop admins.

Good luck.
Peter