[Beowulf] A start in Parallel Programming?

Greg Lindahl greg.lindahl at qlogic.com
Mon Mar 19 18:05:01 PDT 2007

On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 08:02:40PM -0400, Joe Landman wrote:

> The issue (last I looked last year) with GSL was parallelism.  There was
> an OpenMP "port" attempt at one time.  No MPI-er-ization (is there a
> reasonable word to describe the process of converting to MPI?)

Then you should be sticking with BLAS, ATLAS, Scalapack, etc.

I can't believe the GSL people invented a new interface for the one
numerical interface which is now universal. Not to mention that they
ignored lots of faster, free libraries like ATLAS and FFTW... what's
the point of reinventing the wheel badly?

-- greg