[Beowulf] Re: A start in Parallel Programming?

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 14:35:49 PDT 2007

I thought it was getting normal for large enough places to have multiple
departments? I expect EE to teach C, CIS to teach LISP, or whatever is
cutting edge in the theory of artificial linguistics, and the business
school to teach COBOL and VisualBASIC.

But maybe I'm spoiled by OSU. They have more computing departments than I
can count (literally, it's nondenumerable. Really remarkable place)

You know when they first starting talking about a GRE Advanced Test in
computing, all of us (that I know, but I was in math) were flabbergasted at
the thought of defining a curiculum. That still flabbergasts me. I don't
envy anyone that job.

Peter