[Beowulf] network filesystem

Greg Lindahl greg.lindahl at qlogic.com
Tue Mar 6 02:33:07 PST 2007

>well, developers should be smart enough to know what FS they're using,
>and how it's intended to behave.  turning off AC is a nice option, but
>smarter is to leave it on and not try to cause race conditions.

Just yesterday I sat quietly at a customer site while an engineer
wasted 30 minutes not understanding that the bizarre behavior he was
seeing was due to attribute caching on NFS. The guy was a CFD expert,
not a Unix expert.

Even experts can have troubles with AC, sometimes. Just Say No to AC.

-- greg