[Beowulf] network filesystem

Charlie Peck charliep at cs.earlham.edu
Tue Mar 6 05:00:23 PST 2007

On Mar 5, 2007, at 10:43 PM, Chris Samuel wrote:

> So yes, NFS should be fine.  Just don't try and run Gaussian on
> it. :-)

Ok, I'll bite.  We're just starting to support Gaussian on a couple
of small clusters (32 and 64 cores respectively) and we don't have a
lot of experience with it.  It looks like there are 3 primary
directories, the software root, the tmp dir, and the molecular system/
output files.  Which subset of these shouldn't be accessed via NFS?

thanks,
charlie

Charlie Peck
Computer Science, Earlham College