[Beowulf] Are You Ready for "Intel Cluster Ready"

Kozin, I (Igor) i.kozin at dl.ac.uk
Wed Jun 27 10:11:27 PDT 2007

I've heard about it but was expecting it to be like a hardware spec (a la PC spec). Rather surprising to see so many software requirements. It's sort of understandable why Perl or Python (MPICH2/IntelMPI) are required. But Java, Tcl and even Python should be optional. The funny thing is we have a cluster which should comply (loads of Intel software) and yet every time I update Intel compilers the installers complain the libs are not supported (because it's Suse 10.1). Everything works fine. So what?

Igor