[Beowulf] MPI performance gain with jumbo frames

Douglas Eadline deadline at eadline.org
Wed Jun 13 16:02:10 PDT 2007

So this begs the question, if we are "core rich and packet small"
do we care about packet size and overhead?  In other words if we have
plenty of cores when do we not care about communication
overhead. Most GigE drivers have various interrupt coalescence
strategies and of course Jumbo Frames to lessen the processor
load, but if we have multi-core do we need to care about this
as much ... any thoughts?

--
Doug

--