[Beowulf] backtraces

Toon Knapen toon.knapen at fft.be
Mon Jun 11 12:12:46 PDT 2007

> The Intel Compiler provides backtraces.  I think (from memory) that
> you compile with -g --traceback.

Thanks. I had no idea. However from the man page at

http://www.intel.com/software/products/compilers/docs/clin/icc_txt.htm

I read:

-[no]traceback
Tell the compiler to generate [not generate] extra  information
in  the  object file to allow the display of source file trace-
back information at run time when a severe error occurs.   This
is  intended  for  use  with C code that is to be linked into a
Fortran program.

I do not understand the last sentence though. I do not see how this can
be specific to C code linked into a Fortran program (and thus linked
against the fortran runtime library)