[Beowulf] middleware for heterogeneous cluster

Bruno Rocha Coutinho coutinho at dcc.ufmg.br
Tue Jan 30 06:01:41 PST 2007

I don't heard of anybody doing that, but:

The entire client install process is controlled by the install script,
so you can customize it to do only what you really need ant can
configure systemimager to use your trimmed down kernel in the install
process to have a working client faster.

I think that the speed of the install will depend of your network
bandwidth. SystemImager has three transports to image a client: rsync,
multicast and bitturrent. If you use small images and tweak the install
script, the install can be faster that the reboot itself.