[Beowulf] OT: Software RAID & Multipath

Alan Louis Scheinine scheinin at crs4.it
Wed Jan 10 01:48:54 PST 2007

I just did RAID once with mdadm and I noticed that everything
could be done with a command line.  If I recall correctly, there
is an option for having the current configuration written-out in
the syntax that can be used for mdadm.conf.  With regard to the
comment "it's generally just done with the mdadm --create
command lines I believe ..." I would like to point out that
creating an mdadm.conf after configuring would be useful for
recovery from a hardware failure.