[Beowulf] wulfware update...

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Mon Feb 5 04:04:32 PST 2007

In case anybody on list currently cares, I spent the weekend repackaging
the wulfware suite (not to be confused with the warewulf suite:-):
xmlsysd, libwulf, wulfstat, wulflogger, and wulf2html (previously
wulfweb).  They are now in a single source tree in a single source rpm
or tarball, which builds rpms for each of these packages all at once.

I also worked on making wulf2html into a chkconfig controllable service.
Basically, if you install it and configure it (edit scripts and the
wulfhosts file in /etc/wulfware) on a system that can write to webspace,
you can chkconfig it on and it will automatically start up on boot.
It's probably not the most robust application of this sort ever written
yet but it works automagically for me -- it comes up with a page that
shows localhost only by default.

This repackaging should make it easier to develop UIs in a single tree
that also contains the library, even on systems that don't have the rpms
installed.  It was a bit of a pain to work on the library and a UI for
testing it at the same time.  Hopefully this will facilitate my work
(long suspended) on gwulfstat.

The new one-stop shop link is:

  http://www.phy.duke.edu/~rgb/Beowulf/wulfware.php

and the old links have gone away.  I bumped the revision numbers to a
notch above the highest number in the collective tree so that the rpms
can be dropped into a yum repo and update happily -- from now on all
numbers will advance together as a unit.

    rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu