[Beowulf] Stream numbers for SiCortex's MIPS based SOC ...

richard.walsh at comcast.net richard.walsh at comcast.net
Mon Dec 17 13:26:13 PST 2007

All,

Anyone seem Stream numbers for one and/or more cores from SiCortx, say a SiCortex
Catapult System.  The chip has two memory controllers, and I have heard provides:

"more than 10 Terabytesof bandwidth"

in the largest configuration, but have not seen any measured memory bandwidth numbers
for this box.  Come to think of it,  I have not seen measured number for its interconnect
performance either. Sustaining a reasonable ratio bytes delivered from memory to flops
should be easier on this processor with its lower clock, but is does have 2 cores.  I am
interested in how looks compared to Opteron, etc. It is supposed to be a balanced
design, but it seems there are few measured results available to validate this.

As always your thoughts are appreciated ...

Regards,

rbw
--

"Making predictions is hard, especially about the future."

Niels Bohr

--

Richard Walsh
Thrashing River Consulting--