[Beowulf] NFS Read Errors

Michael H. Frese Michael.Frese at NumerEx.com
Wed Dec 5 09:57:23 PST 2007

Joshua,

Thanks for the info on the nfs server in RH9.  We are using that
distro unmodified out of the box, so to speak, so that is clearly
blocks any possibility for fixing the problem in software.  As for
the hardware, it was described earlier as follows:

[Old hardware generally: AMD Athlon 32-bit single (MSI KT4V) and dual
(Tyan...) chip motherboards both running Redhat 9 one with the
2.4.20-8 kernels, though one is the smp version; NetGear GA311 NICs;
and a NetGear GS108 8 port Copper 1 GB/s switch.  The single
processor motherboards have 32-bit PCI slots so their network speeds
are limited to 300 kbps as shown by netpipe.  All of the LEDs at the
ends of the cables show 1000Mb connections.]

Thanks again for your help.

Mike